Welcome, Global Jayhawks! Are you ready to learn more about the 150+ study abroad opportunities available to you during your time at KU? Visit our virtual Study Abroad Fair this spring! It's never too early to start planning for your time abroad. In fact, students who begin planning early during their time at KU have more flexibility in regards to where they can study abroad and when.
Our Study Abroad Fair will take place from 10am to 3pm daily, beginning on Monday, February 15 and ending on Friday, February 19. Each day, we'll host a series of sessions focusing on different world regions, programs, and international education opportunities and resources. We invite students to drop-in and speak with KU Study Abroad program coordinators at any time during these sessions to learn more about the range of opportunities available, as we have programs ranging in length from one week to a full academic year and taking place during winter break, spring break, summer, and semester terms.
Students are encouraged to attend as many sessions as they are able for the programs and topics they are interested in. Don't worry if you are not available to stick around for the entirety of a session! Students are welcome to join at any time during a session and to stay for the amount of time that works best for them.
The virtual study abroad fair can be accessed via Zoom. Register for the Study Abroad Fair via this link.
Monday, February 15
- 10-11 am: Ireland
- 11 am-12 pm: Germany & Austria- Semester Programs
- 12-1 pm: Spain & Latin America-Faculty-led Short Term Programs
- 1-1:30 pm: Global Awareness Program
- 1:30-2:30 pm: Financial Aid & Scholarship Advising
- 2:30-3 pm: Science Summer Faculty-Led Programs
Tuesday, February 16
- 10-11 am: Russia, Eastern Europe & Eurasia
- 11 am- 12 pm: CIMBA Program- business courses in northern Italy
- 12-12:30 pm: Applying for a Passport & Visa
- 12:30-1:30 pm: Germany & Austria- Summer Programs
- 1:30 -2 pm: Southeast Asia (Singapore & Thailand)
- 2-3 pm: The United Kingdom- Summer Programs
Wednesday, February 17
- 10-11 am: Australia & New Zealand
- 11 am-12 pm: Marginalized Students Abroad
- 12-12:30 pm: Japan
- 12:30- 1 pm: South Korea
- 1-1:30 pm: Study Abroad through ISEP
- 1:30-2:30 pm: Spain & Latin America- Language Programs (Spanish, Portuguese, Miskitu) with Costa Rican on-site staff
- 2:30-3 pm: Barcelona, Spain & Buenos Aires, Argentina Summer Language Programs with KU faculty/GTAs
Thursday, February 18
- 10-11 am: The Netherlands & Scandinavia
- 11 am-12 pm: Africa, India & the Middle East
- 12-12:30 pm: Study Abroad for Engineering Majors
- 12:30-1 pm: Mainland China & Taiwan
- 1-2 pm: Global Internships & Hospital Shadowing in Spain
- 2-3 pm: Spain & Latin America-Programs in English
Friday, February 19
- 10-11 am: Italy- Programs in English (please note there is a separate session for CIMBA)
- 11 am-12 pm: France- Programs in English
- 12-1 pm: The United Kingdon- Semester Programs
- 1-2 pm: Financial Aid & Scholarship Advising
- 2-2:30 pm: Virtual Study Abroad & Remote Global Internships
- 2:30- 3: France & Italy- Language Programs
Are you unsure of what you are looking for in a study abroad program? That's no problem at all! We recommend visiting our virtual Drop-In advising hours Monday through Friday from 12 - 5 pm. Here you can ask study abroad alumni about their experience, how the application process works, how to identify a program that would be a good fit for you, and any general questions you may have about studying or interning abroad. This is a service available throughout the spring semester. More information can be found here.