Internships in Prague, Czech Republic
- Gain hands-on work experience in your field of study through an 8-week internship
- Live in one of the most beautiful, historic cities, in the heart of Europe
- Prague’s modern economy and significant English speaking business and cultural community make it an ideal location to gain work experience
- Explore Prague and/or travel during weekends
- CIEE offers up to $1,500 in need-based grants for Pell-eligible students
- Learn about Prague placement opportunities here
Prague, home to 1.2 million and some of Europe’s most dazzling architecture offers a rich cultural life, featuring festivals, concerts, and cultural programs. Spend your summer working with leading organizations, diving into a field of interest, and expanding your professional portfolio in this breathtaking and prosperous city.
Students reside in apartments in popular neighborhoods with fellow CIEE participants. In some apartments, students have a local Charles University student as a “flat buddy” – a roommate who helps with student activities and provides a bridge to the local culture. Students share double rooms and kitchen and bathroom facilities.
Apartments are located throughout Prague and commuting times and distances vary. It’s important for students to be aware that commuting is part of daily life in Prague, and the location of most apartments requires daily use of public transportation. It is common for the student commute, including public transportation and walking, to take up to 30 minutes one way. A transportation pass is included in the program fees.
Meals are not included and are the responsibility of the student. Students can purchase food supplies and prepare meals in the apartment kitchens.
EXCURSIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Take excursions throughout the Czech Republic and see sites of historical and cultural importance, like Prague Castle, Old Town, and the historical halls of Charles University, the oldest university in central Europe.
- Make your summer internship truly geared to your interests and skills through individual pre-placement meetings, a personalized matching process, and coaching for each student.
- Enjoy a performance at one of many concert halls, cinemas and music clubs in the city.
- Take advantage of resume help and interviewing skills based on local business culture
- Explore the professional working world of Prague through organizational site visits, industry networking events, and guest lectures
- Participate in workshops that will help you make the most of your internship
Students need to have a GPA of at least 2.5. Rising Sophomore standing and above required at time of participation.