Virtual Study Abroad
- Gain in-demand global skills and experiences
- Engage internationally while staying local
- Earn academic credit applicable toward your major, minor, electives or the KU Core
Staying home this summer doesn't mean KU students can't make the world their classroom! While summer study abroad is not possible, KU students can choose to participate in a broad selection of online courses or global internships taught by instructors from around the world. Through one of the many partners listed below, KU students can take courses such as Contemporary Challenges in Global Health, Japanese Manga and Art, Advanced Spanish, and many more! Each of these courses will enable students to engage globally, learn about a different culture and community, develop critical intercultural competencies and career skills, and develop academically, personally and professionally.
KU has partnered with the organizations below to offer virtual study abroad opportunities for KU students. Each partner offers a unique set of courses and experiences, so be sure to browse through the offerings available at each!
- CAPA - 2 summer sessions to choose from; courses in Global Health, Pre-Law, and Cultural Studies + internship opportunities
- CIEE - 3, 4-week summer sessions, 28 courses to choose from across a variety of majors and taught by faculty from institutions around the world.
- CIS Abroad - online offerings with partner universities in Italy or Spain; courses in Italian and Spanish language study, History, and the Arts.
- IES Abroad Virtual World DiscoverIES - 1, six-week summer session offering 20+ courses in Arts, Business, History, Languages & Cultures, Psychology and Political Science.
- USAC Global Perspectives - 1, six-week summer session offering nearly 40 courses in Business & Communications, Health & Nutrition, Foreign Languages & Literatures (French, German, Italian, Spanish), and International Studies.
- American Councils - courses in Intensive Russian Language, Regional and Cultural Studies, Political Science and Security Studies.
- Intensive Chinese Language
- Intensive Japanese Language
- American Business School of Paris
- Lorenzo De Medici
- University of Hong Kong Summer Institute – Business and CLAS courses offered. Cost and duration of class varies; some courses are offered late June to mid-July while others are offered late July to early August.
KU and Universidad de San Andres are also offering SPAN 424. View the program page for more information.
KU is also offering a variety of virtural international internship experiences. Click here for more information.