Virtual Study Abroad
- Gain in-demand global skills and experiences
- Engage internationally while staying local
- Earn academic credit applicable toward your major, minor, electives or the KU Core
Join a KU virtual faculty-led program during January 2021:
- Virtual Costa Rica- Students will earn 3 credits for ENG 390, LAA 302, or HNRS 492. Read more about the program and apply on the program page.
- Virtual Universidad de San Andres Spanish course- Students will earn 3 credits for SPAN 424. Read more about the program and apply on the program page.
KU students can choose to participate in a broad selection of online courses or global internships taught by instructors from around the world. KU has partnered with the organizations below to offer virtual study abroad opportunities for KU students. Each partner offers a unique set of courses and experiences, so be sure to browse through the offerings available at each! Check back often as providers are expanding their virtual program offerings.
- AIFS (Courses and Internships)
- AIT Budapest (Computer Science Courses) - Choose a full semester online or take 1-2 courses taught by Hungarian faculty at this specialized program for computer science and engineering students. All courses are taught in English.
- American Councils Study Abroad - Intensive language and culture programs for Russian, Balkan and Eurasian languages. Nine different languages from Albanian to Uzbek offered. Most langugaes available as full-time or part-time option during the Spring term.
- API (Courses and Internships) - Winter Break, Spring, and Summer internships, short-term language programs in French and Spanish, and team-based skills workshops such as the Global Innovation Lab and Community Engagement Lab.
- Arcadia (Courses and Internships)
- Augsburg University - Take a variety of courses from faculty in the global south during the Fall semester. Course options include Communication Studies, Film Studies, Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies, History, Political Science, Religion, and more.
- Campus B (Social Impact Innovation Lab) - Join the team-based virtual social impact project for four weeks in the Fall semester. Students will have the opportunity to work along side Brazilian students, local leaders from social organizations and specialists from the field in order to develop a project aiming to solve a current social problem in the Brazilian landscape.
- CEA (Courses and Internships) - Internships and elective courses in Business, Communication, and Psychology. Take 1-2 courses during the Spring or Summer term.
- CET - Participate in a virtual intensive language and culture program to study Chinese (CET China), Japanese (CET Japan) or Arabic (CET Jordan) offered in January or Summer.
- CIEE (Courses and Internships) - A variety of courses in architecture and history, business and communications, environmental sciences, cultural studies, and social sciences are offered for Summer.
- Hanyang University (Courses) Winter Break- Enroll in business, engineering, psychology and Korean studies courses.
- ISA Remote Learning (Courses and Internships) - Enroll in courses during January or the Spring semester taught from Costa Rica, Italy, or Spain. There are a wide variety of course options including art, biology, business, cultural studies, and environmental studies.
- ISEP Virtual Service Learning, Internships and Academic Experiences
- Korea University (Courses) Winter Break- Enroll in business, economics, psychology, math & Korean studies courses.
- SIT (Language Courses and Internships) - Spring and Summer internship and online language programs in non-traditional study abroad locations. Languages offered in a virtual format include Arabic, Bahasa, French, Hindi, Nepali, Quechua, Spanish, Swahili, Tibetan, and Vietnamese.
- TU Graz: Virtual Reserach - Remote research program for KU computer science students. Multiple reserach projects available during Winter Break, Spring or Summer terms. Contact the program coordinator to discuss this option.
- USAC Global Perspectives (Courses and Internships) - Spring and Summer course options in Business, Cultural Studies, Entrepreneurship, Health and Wellness, International Affairs, and languages including Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish. Take one course or a full semester.
KU is also offering a variety of virtural international internship experiences. Click here for more information.