Planning for Study Abroad
Thinking about studying abroad?
Studying abroad is more than just traveling internationally. Because you earn credits on all KU approved study abroad programs, it will be important to determine how studying abroad fits into your academic plan at KU.
Identify the right term to go abroad academically, personally, and financially. Use these tips to get started:
- Make a Graduation Plan. Talk to your academic advisor about how to include study abroad within your curriculum.
- After you've met with your academic advisor, visit the Study Abroad Info Center for walk-in advising in 105 Lippincott Hall to get started on your study abroad plan.
Note: certain semesters work best for certain majors, and not all classes abroad are offered both semesters.
- If a summer abroad works best, check out KU's summer program options.
- Don't forget, you'll need a valid passport! Passports typically take 2-3 months to be processed.
- Remember to plan your finances for study abroad too! Research scholarships and financial aid options well in advance!
- Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our FAQs page.