Scholarships and Financial Aid
The KU Office of Study Abroad strives to develop affordable, high-quality programs so that all students can afford to study abroad.
We have two full-time financial advisors to assist students interested in studying abroad.
Study Abroad Financial Advising
The Office of Study Abroad offers individualized study abroad financial planning as well as financial aid and scholarship advising for students. Please visit 108 Lippincott Hall or call 785-864-3742 to set up an appointment.
Estimated Costs for Studying Abroad
Individual program costs vary based on a variety of factors, such as program structure, hours of credit, length of program, number of excursions or other group activities, and location. Many programs are comparable to the cost of a semester in Lawrence. View the KU campus vs Study Abroad Cost Comparison sheet (pdf) for more information.
Did you know?
Program budgets are available on our program pages under "Program Cost."
Budgets include tuition, housing, and estimated personal expenses.
You can use our Budget Worksheet to compare your cost of studying at KU with the cost of studying abroad. This tool will help you determine what your true study abroad costs are.
- Most scholarships students receive will apply to study abroad programs, although many scholarships will not cover summer classes or summer study abroad programs.
- KU Office of Study Abroad Scholarships are available to KU degree-seeking students. See the OSA Scholarships section for more information.
- For other scholarship opportunities please view our scholarship page as well as our OSA Scholarship Handbook (pdf).
- Most students who qualify for loans or grants can apply their aid to the cost of a Study Abroad Program.
- U.S. Veterans may be able to use VA funds to cover study abroad tuition and fees. Veterans must work closely with their Veterans Benefits Coordinator to determine what fees, if any, can be covered.
- Non-KU students should check into the financial aid and scholarship resources available to them at their home institution.