After being nominated by your home institution to take part in the exchange program at the University of Kansas (KU), you will need to apply to KU by following the appropriate set of instructions below. Please be sure to read the KU Exchange Fact Sheet before applying as it contains a great deal of information that will help to answer many of the questions you have.
Once you are nominated, please complete the 1st application with directions below: The application deadline for Fall and Academic year is March 15th and for Spring semester October 15th.
1. Go to https://ku.studioabroad.com/?go=IncomingExchange and click “Apply Now” button.
2. Click “I am a new user and do not have login credentials to this site (Non-KU students first time log in only).”
3. Complete the New User Form and then click “Create Account.”
4. An email will be sent to you with your temporary password which is valid for 5 days. Click on the link provided to reset your password. After doing this, you should be logged in. You will be prompted to create an application for the term that you are applying for and then enter your address and emergency contacts.
5. Click on the “University of Kansas Exchange Program” link in order to get to the Program Application Page (Pre-Decision). From this page, please upload a photo of yourself so that we can easily identify you (for internal use only).
Please start by completing the Fee Waiver Request Form. Once your application fee waiver has been approved, you will receive an email with a link to the full set of instructions.