Jayhawks Abroad Newsletter
The Jayhawks Abroad is a biannual publication produced by Study Abroad & Global Engagement containing testimonials written by returning students.
Jayhawks Abroad: Call for Submissions
What is it?
A publication written by study abroad returnees.
Who writes it?
Study abroad returnees from any program, including alumni
What can I submit?
For Written Content:
- A restaurant, hotel, or hostel review
- Lists (Top 10 sites, Top 10 foods to try, Packing lists, “To Do” Lists)
- Blog posts (or links to a blog)
- A selection of your favorite tweets from your time abroad
- Short essays and articles about your time abroad*
- Recommended destinations
- Living Like a Local
- Campuses & Classrooms
- Local Landmarks
- Grocery Stores, Markets, Shopping Streets
- Friends Abroad
- Travels & Explorations
- You Abroad
Please email your submissions to email@example.com.
*Suggested essay/article topics: Expectations vs. reality, arrival, departure, learning a language, travels, people you met, how to make friends, favorite memories, how a new word or phrase represents your time abroad, what you would do differently, school projects, professors, facing adversity, or anything else you want to share.