Study Abroad Student Support Fund
The Christine Pederson Study Abroad Student Support Fund was created through the generous support of Christine Pederson, KU alumnus and former participant in the International Summer School at the University of Oslo. This fund is designed to assist students applying or admitted to a study abroad program who do not have the immediate funds to cover the cost of securing a passport or student visa. The Study Abroad Student Support Fund will provide grants of up to $150 to assist students in meeting these expenses. Funds will be disbursed to approved students and must be used for their intended purpose as demonstrated by submission of a purchase receipt or another form of documentation to Study Abroad.
- Must be a degree-seeking student at The University of Kansas.
- Must have applied to a study abroad program through the University of Kansas Study Abroad & Global Engagement office (this includes Student Initiated Programs).
- Must have documented financial need for the funds (FAFSA on file and need statement)
- Must be submitting an application for your first U.S. passport (passport renewals do not qualify)
- Once approved, students are required to provide documentation of passport/student visa purchase.
- Complete the online application: https://ku.studioabroad.com/?go=StudentSupportFund
- Call and schedule an appointment with Michele Arellano, Associate Director – Student Services, Study Abroad & Global Engagement, 785-864-3742. During the appointment, your financial aid status will be verified and your application will be reviewed to confirm you meet the eligibility requirements.