The Office of Study Abroad (OSA) is one of five units comprising International Programs at KU. The OSA is an academic support unit that develops and maintains international education programs for students and faculty. The broad scope of overseas programs and institutional ties furthers the University’s mission and enhances its role as an international institution of education and research.
The Office of Study Abroad:
- Works with faculty and academic units to develop and maintain high quality, credit-bearing education abroad programs;
- Provides a comprehensive range of student services throughout the processes of recruitment, advising, program selection, application, enrollment, pre-departure orientation, completion of the overseas program, and the granting of academic credit;
- Manages the University’s affiliations with selected foreign institutions and provides academic services to international students supported through exchange agreements;
- Serves as a resource for the University, students, parents, alumni and partner institutions on study abroad programs, international political and social conditions, health and safety factors, and emergency management;
- Assists students in financing overseas study through scholarships and financial aid; and
- Promotes communications among study abroad alumni and the University.