Adequate planning and preparation are essential to a successful experience abroad. Regardless of destination, all students should review the information and resources included in the sections below. These resources will provide information on the health and safety conditions in your host country, the cultural context of the location(s) to which you will be traveling, and how you can best prepare to live and learn abroad.
- KU SAGE Diversity Abroad – information and resources for understanding how aspects of your personal identity can impact your health and safety while abroad.
- U.S. Department of State Country Information – information and travel advisories for every country in the world.
- U.S. Department of State Students Abroad – useful, easy-to-access information specifically for students studying abroad.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – pre-departure travel advice, vaccine, and health information for students traveling abroad.
- TRAVAX Report – detailed information on health conditions in your host country, available in your JayhawksAbroad account.
- AlertTraveler – country and city resources and real-time safety and security alerts.
- Overseas Security Advisory Council – global security news and reports.
- Local news and media sources – identify local news outlets to learn about your host country.