Student Visa Requirements

All incoming students who participate in programs through Study Abroad & Global Engagement will require a J-1 visa to enter and stay in the United States for an extended period of time. Do not enter the U.S. with a tourist visa as you will not be able to change it to a student visa without first returning to your home country.

For an overview of the J-1 visa and application instructions, visit U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs.

For more information for J-1 students, visit International Student Services.