Core Approved Programs
The KU Core defines the educational goals that are integrated into all of the degrees and majors being pursued by KU undergraduate students. By achieving the learning outcomes associated with the six educational goals KU graduates will:
- be better thinkers and communicators;
- have a broader base of knowledge;
- appreciate human diversity;
- be more aware of global culture, ethics, and social issues;
- and integrate skills and knowledge creatively.
Advanced Education Goal 4.2 seeks to ensure students have the ability to examine a variety of perspectives in the global community, distinguish one’s own cultural patterns, and respond flexibly to multiple worldviews. KU students can fulfill this educational goal through a significant study abroad experience, defined as an experience of a semester or year duration or a short-term program achieving UCCC approval.
The following study abroad programs will qualify for completion of Goal 4.2:
- All semester or academic year study abroad programs, provided the student is working in collaboration with the KU Office of Study Abroad for his/her study abroad plans
- Most KU-administered short-term programs. For more information, view the full list of those short-term programs currently approved for Goal 4.2 (pdf). If your proposed study abroad program is not listed here, please contact the Office of Study Abroad for additional information.
Want to take other KU Core requirements while you are abroad?
Through the Academic Plan & Approval process, students may be able to find courses abroad that are equivalent courses to KU Core requirements.