Scholarships and Financial Aid
Study Abroad & Global Engagement strives to develop affordable, high-quality programs so that all students can afford to study abroad.
We provide the follow resources to assist students in financial planning for study abroad:
We offer individualized study abroad financial planning as well as financial aid and scholarship advising for students. Please 785-864-3742 to set up an appointment.
- Budget Worksheet
- Study Abroad & Global Engagement General Scholarships
- Study Abroad & Global Engagement Program Specific and Regional Scholarships
- Outside Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
- Scholarship Handbook (pdf)
- Ultimate Student Guide to Financing Your Life Abroad - GoOverseas.com
Estimated Costs for Studying Abroad
Individual program costs vary based on a variety of factors, such as program structure, hours of credit, length of program, number of excursions or other group activities, and location. Program budgets are available on our program pages under "Program Cost." Budgets include tuition, housing, and estimated personal expenses.
- Most scholarships students receive will apply to study abroad programs, although many scholarships will not cover summer classes or summer study abroad programs.
- Study Abroad & Global Engagement Scholarships are available to KU degree-seeking students. See the Scholarships section on our website for more information.
- For other scholarship opportunities please view our scholarship page as well as our Study Abroad Scholarship Handbook.
- Most students who qualify for loans or grants can apply their aid to the cost of a Study Abroad Program.
- U.S. Veterans may be able to use VA funds to cover study abroad tuition and fees. Veterans must work closely with their Veterans Benefits Coordinator to determine what fees, if any, can be covered.
- Non-KU students should check into the financial aid and scholarship resources available to them at their home institution.
Did you know many programs are comparable to the cost of attending KU? View the KU campus vs Study Abroad Cost Comparison sheet (pdf) for more information.