Study Abroad Advising
We know there is a lot to consider when determining what study abroad program(s) will be the best fit for you. Study Abroad & Global Engagement offers 150+ programs in more than 70 countries with opportunities for every major.
With so many options available to students at KU, it can be hard to identify the best place to start planning. We recommend coming by the SAGE Info Center for drop-in advising and meeting with one of our student peer advisors. Each of our student staff members has studied abroad and they are eager to share their experiences with you.
Study Abroad Info Center
Lippincott 105 | Monday- Friday | 9 am - 5 pm
Our team is trained to help prospective students navigate the application process and help you answer some of the key questions to identify the program(s) that meets your academic, professional and personal objectives. Below are some things to take into consideration when selecting a program.
- What types of credits do I need to take abroad and where have those courses been taught in the past? Has my academic advisor recommended a particular term for me to go abroad?
- Am I interested in studying in a location where I can enhance my language skills, or am I looking for locations offering courses taught in English?
- How much will cost factor into my decision to study abroad? Are there region or major specific funding opportunities available in the locations I am interested in?
- How will my identity abroad be perceived in my host country and what information do I need to know before I depart to feel comfortable in my new environment?
- How long do I feel comfortable going abroad for? Do I see myself studying abroad during winter break or spring break? Would I consider going abroad for the summer, semester, or even a full academic year?
- What am I hoping to experience outside of the classroom during my time abroad and how may the location where I study abroad influence this?
Visit us to learn more about all of the opportunities available to you! No appointment or knowledge of study abroad is required to come by and talk to us about your options.
Study Abroad program coordinators and financial aid advisors are available for individual advising appointments during the hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday –Friday. Students who know the SAGE staff member with whom they would like to meet can book an in-person advising appointment or book an online virtual advising appointment. If you’re unsure who would be the right individual to connect with, call the main office at 785-864-3742 and a SAGE staff member can assist you in scheduling an advising appointment.
Make sure to complete an Advising App before your appointment.